readerreader

Reader! Reader!

Literary fiction, classics, dystopian, history, memoir, prize winners, and of course the 1001 books. You really might catch me reading anything!

Empire of Cotton: A Global History
Sven Beckert
Progress: 220/656 pages

January Round-Up

I, Robot - Isaac Asimov Undermajordomo Minor: A Novel - Patrick deWitt Voices from Chernobyl: The Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster - Swietłana Aleksijewicz, Keith Gessen The Good Food Revolution: Growing Healthy Food, People, and Communities - Will  Allen, Charles   Wilson Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War - Karen Abbott The Belly of Paris - Ernest Alfred Vizetelly, Émile Zola

Wow, how did we get in to February? Geesh.

I finished 6 books in January—not a huge number for me, but I also got 1/3 of the way into A Suitable Boy, which will be the longest book I have ever read (once I finish!).

Book total: 6

Nonfiction: 3 (!!)

1001 Book List books: 1

2015/2016 publications: 1

In translation: 2

Female authors: 2/6

Diverse authors: 1/6

Award winners: 1/6

I am pretty pleased with the mix this month. Half nonfiction, and a good mix of translation, female authors, and diversity. Which makes the whole month quite diverse. I love nonfiction, but this is a lot for me. And I admit I do read a lot of female authors, so 2/6 is not high for me. It's the mix of a little bit of everything that makes me happy—and keeps me reading!