readerreader

Reader! Reader!

Literary fiction, classics, dystopian, history, memoir, prize winners, and of course the 1001 books. You really might catch me reading anything!

Empire of Cotton: A Global History
Sven Beckert
Progress: 220/656 pages

November Reading Roundup

The Marvels - Brian Selznick, Brian Selznick Get in Trouble: Stories - Kelly Link The Heart Goes Last: A Novel (Positron) - Margaret Atwood The Sellout: A Novel - Paul Beatty The Devil and Miss Prym - Amanda Hopkinson, Nick Caistor, Paulo Coelho Delicious Foods - James Hannaham Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School - Jeff Kinney

I have still not caught up on reviews from my hot-weather-induced computer hiatus. I am only up to early October...it is taking much longer than I expected!

Books Read: 7

Middle Grade Books: 2

1001 Books List Books: 1

Short Story Collections: 1

Published in 2015: 6 (wow!)

Nonfiction: 0

I guess my favorite was the Atwood (no surprise there, I love Atwood!), but both The Marvels and Delicious Foods were very good. Get in Trouble is my first introduction to Link's writing, and these stories were good—but short stories don't stay in my mind the way a novel does.

Stay tuned for reviews of the books I finished in the first half of November (and for most of October).